oracle 8.1.6 installation

From: <virtuasurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:47:17 GMT

Hi all
I got the Oracle 8.1.6 CD from the book Oracle 8i starter kit. An error occur in the beginning of the installation. The error message said "Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background". The first image has shown in the screen. But then it said "dump crashed". The silent mode caused the same problem too. How come the silent mode requires the colormap? Here is my config.

Oracle 8.1.6 for Linux from the CD
JRE 1.1.8 from the CD
Linux kernel 2.2

Thanks in advance. If anyone can point me to the FAQ is appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 09:47:17 CST