Re: Parameter file location

From: Helena <harms_at_uk.nomad.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:00:33 -0000

yeap, but the question really implies that the instance is mounted perhaps by the wrong pfile. Let's say you a have 10 dbs in your system and someone not very experienced starts the db.
So you want to really know if the right pfile has been used. You can start the db with the right pfile but you cannot really afford to shut it down unless really neccessary...

So, my answer is no, there is no way that by querying the db you can obtain the path and actual name of the init file.