Linux Install Problem

From: <sathish_sadagopan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:40:39 GMT

Hi,
I am an Oracle newbie.
I tried to install Oracle 8.1.6 on a Linux box, (Mandrake 7.1). The GUI installer loads up and sits in the second screen, when I click next , nothing happens.I installed the JRE as specified in the Linux section on the oracle web site.
Can anyone help me with this...
(Does Oracle have a command line installer???) Thanks,
Sathish S

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 17:40:39 CST