Re: alter table move... What Oracle version?

From: Falco Paul <falco_at_palm.nl>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:31:02 +0100

Weird,

Why do I get this?

SQL> alter table test move tablespace pbs_data; alter table test move tablespace pbs_data

                        *

Error in line 1:
ORA-14004: missing PARTITION keyword

Even though partitioning in not installed? I tried all kind of combinations, but no result! Is this some bug? Which version are you using? I am running 8.1.6 AND 8.1.7
Both have the same problem!

Regards,
Falco

"Brian Peasland" <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> schreef in bericht news:3A66FB02.C9E5E5D4_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov...
> This is not only for IOT's. See below:
>
> SQL> CREATE TABLE test_move (
> 2 id NUMBER,
> 3 name VARCHAR2(20))
> 4 TABLESPACE users;
>
> Table created.
>
> SQL> select table_name,tablespace_name from user_tables
> 2 where table_name ='TEST_MOVE';
>
> TABLE_NAME TABLESPACE_NAME
> -------------------- ------------------------------
> TEST_MOVE USERS
>
> SQL> alter table test_move move tablespace tools;
>
> Table altered.
>
> SQL> select table_name,tablespace_name from user_tables
> 2 where table_name ='TEST_MOVE';
>
> TABLE_NAME TABLESPACE_NAME
> -------------------- ------------------------------
> TEST_MOVE TOOLS
>
> See, the table moved!
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>

> Falco Paul wrote:
> >
> > I believe this only works for IOT's.
> > Heap tables don't move at all with this command (at least not in 8.1.6,
> > didn't test 8.1.7 yet).
> > I heard Oracle 9 should support a 'true'ALTER TABLE REBUILD (storage
 specs)
> > command.
> >
> > Falco
> >
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in bericht
> > > 8.1 aka 8i only.
> > >
> > > Hth,
> > >
> > > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> > >
> > > "Syltrem" <syltrem_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message
 Oracle