Re: Oracle 8i startup in Windows2000?

From: Ken Byington <KByington_at_netrate.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:37:32 -0500

More on ORA-27101:

I read in an old thread on deja.com that for 8i on Linux and Solaris that the shared mem segment kernel params need to be tweaked if you get this error. The box I'm running on has 512MB and 1.5GB swap. I don't think it's a memory issue.

Also, the DB starts just fine using svrmgrl from the command line.