Re: constant monitoring and enqueues?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:08:14 -0000

You could try starting the database with event 10046 set to level 8, to trap the values on startup, this may give you some clues.

However, I just did this on 8.1.5 on NT, and found that the p2 value was ALWAYS reported as zero on startup, and switch logfiles left LGWR accumulating the event with p2 still set to zero.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html