Problem: VB Oracle

From: <dan81_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:44:27 GMT

I created an Active X DLL using VB6.0 which connects to an Oracle DB by ADO. The DLL is accessed via ASP pages (my local machine running MS PWS). When I open my VB project and run it in debug mode I can step into my code when the ASP Page tries to access it. Everything works fine. However as soon as I create the DLL and register it, by Regsvr32 or MTS, my connection to oracle fails. It says it cannot retrieve error message for oracle error ORA-0000. I've tried connecting with ODBC and OLE DB with same results. I'm new to oracle and would appreciate some insight. I did create a VB EXE which accesses the DLL and works fine when registered by Regsvr32 but fails when registered through MTS. Basically when accessed through ASP or MTS the problem arises. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 21:44:27 CST