Re: Parameter file location

From: MDEHE <mdehe_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2001 22:22:06 GMT

One way to find out, provided you don't have multiple copies, is to do a search for init*.ora. Typically, the name of your sid is inserted in your init.ora. In our case, we have four servers, one named B03. The init.ora on that server is called initb03.ora, and I keep that file in the same location as the datafiles. You can keep it whereever you want. Just be sure you know the path when starting up your database. Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 16:22:06 CST