Re: Sun vs NT

From: Shelby Cain <scain_at_remove-all-this-aisconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:16:47 GMT

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3A653B64.45399F87_at_exesolutions.com...

> And while it is normal to run a Solaris-Oracle box 7x24x365 I have yet to
 find
> any NT server that could last 30 days without a reboot or a crash and
 burn.

Funny, in the hands of incompetent administrators I've seen Solaris/Oracle boxes crash and burn every few weeks. On the other hand, I've seen competent administrators keep NT servers up 7x24x365 (except for scheduled maintenance of course).

I guess its really all about having people that know what they are doing when it comes to maintaining critical servers....

Regards,

Shelby Cain Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 17:16:47 CST