Re: schemas & tablespaces

From: <alvie_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:47:12 GMT

Thank you everyone for the great information. This is all very helpful. One more question: On several occassions, I've seen the terms "user" and "schema" used as one. For example:

>And there is no relationship between users (schemas) and tablespaces

and

>Schema equate to database users in MSSQLServer

However, in the Oracle Concepts Guide, schema is defined as follows:

A schema is a collection of objects. Schema objects are the logical structures that directly refer to the database’s data. Schema objects include such structures as tables, views, sequences, stored procedures, synonyms, indexes, clusters, and database links.

ARe these objects based on a user privelage to them? In that regard, a schema is tied directly to a user(s) level of permission?

once again, thanks for the help
-as

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 10:47:12 CST