Re: renaming a database

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:30:56 -0800

> Can someone tell me how I can rename a database? Is there a way to do it
> through the GUI?

The answers below are good ones.

But my question is why rename it? What possible purpose can it serve?

Why go through all that work when you can just change the alias in TNSNAMES.ORA and log on to it as anything you want? Risk = 0 Time < 10 sec.

Just something to think about.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 00:30:56 CST