Re: Sun vs NT

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:27:48 -0800

> Hey all I need to provide justification for moving our Oracle platform from
> NT to Sun. I don't think resume building is going to fly. Any ideas or
> sites that would have good information?

How about trying SECURITY and STABILITY?

The risk to your data from viruses and hacking is very substantially increased being on Solaris.

And while it is normal to run a Solaris-Oracle box 7x24x365 I have yet to find any NT server that could last 30 days without a reboot or a crash and burn.

You might also point out the fact that Fortune 500s such as Boeing, US West, AT&T, etc. all put their Oracle onto Solaris, HP/UX, Sequents ... some version of UNIX. And that they are doing it for a reason.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 00:27:48 CST