Re: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

From: craig wilson <craig_d_wilson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:14:53 -0500

Hey, Thanks.

This partially resolved my problem.
I am no longer receiving any ORA errors.

I am now getting an error that it could not mount the database in exclusive mode.
Any ideas on this one?

There is only a single Database running on this server. The only "user" of this database should be some java processes running on a couple web servers.
I have verified that the java processes have been killed on the web servers.

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5  -  MCSE - CCNA

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com