ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

From: 2KFAN <craig.wilson_at_provion.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:50:37 -0500

Solaris 2.7, Oracle 8i

I am having difficulty getting my Oracle Database back on-line. As soon as I svrmgrl, I get the ORA-12571 error. When I attempt to do anything such as connect internal or issue a dbshut or dbstart command, I get a series of these errors.

I am trying to figure out what to cycle to clear there errors. Currently, cycling the entire box may be difficult since it is about 1000 miles away.

I have root access to the box.

NT/Netware Admin taking a heavy dose of Unix/Oracle Admin real fast.

Any Help would be appreciated. Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 08:50:37 CST