Oracle TMP files growing without bound...

From: James Brigman <jbrigman_at_nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:13:27 GMT

Oracle Gurus;

I'm a sys admin, definitely not a dba. But I've got a situation my dba's are having trouble with: oracle TMP files growing without bound, and not being removed by the application.

They are being generated when people use Oracle Forms to generate reports. We're running a 3-tier arch. (db server/web-app server/client) and it's filling up the /tmp holding directory on the middle tier.

I've seen one point in one newsgroup that auditing might be on. I'm going to check that, but do any of you have any suggestions about what might be causing this? We're having to bounce the oraweb server just to get the 500MB tmp space freed up....

Voices of experience appreciated;

JKB Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 01:13:27 CST