Re: Question about the ALWAYS_ANTI_JOIN init parameter

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:22:02 +0100

The parameter you mention is only taken into account using the cost based optimizer. IMO, still using the Rule Based Optimizer is very undesirable. If you can't change it, for whatever reason, you have a problem, because a well-tuned application using CBO, will, IMO, clearly outperform RBO. Also using RBO, you can not use Parallel Query, function based indexes etc, etc, etc and RBO will be deleted soon, as it has been desupported in Oracle 7.1. Somehow,IMO, in the near future, you should reconsider using RBO.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA