Dynamic PL/SQL Question - Will This Solution Work?

From: contrapositive <contrapositive_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:19:52 GMT

Can someone review this solution and tell me if they see any problems:

My database (7.3) will store in a field an anonymous block of PL/SQL code - something of the form "BEGIN ... END;" Using ADO, we will send this string as a parameter to a procedure or function. The procedure or function will execute the block of code (using DBMS_SQL maybe?) and return its results.

Most times, the block of code will just be a query. But occasionally it may have conditional and iterative (looping) logic, and possibly variables (is that possible?).

The code needs to be in the database and is not a dedicated procedure of its own, because it will need to be "editable" via an interface.

Can anyone make any comments or recommendations? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance...

-jk

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 21:19:52 CST