Re: inittrans in OLTP system

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:32:53 GMT

You don't have to. You increase it if you have too many buffer busy waits on the hot tables, usually on a site with too much concurrent transaction. In 8i, you can alter table initrans to change it. Below 8i (or 8?), you have to rebuild the table.

But this is not all. In fact, more important is probably leaving a PCTFREE a little higher than you thought. That way, ITLs (interested transaction lists) have room to grow up to maxtrans.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

In article <JvM76.7584$1%2.336355_at_sjc-read.news.verio.net>,   "sp" <sdpant_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I read somewhere that the inittrans for a OLTP system should be
 between 5 to
> 10? Is it right? If it is, what is the logic behind this?
> Thanks in advance.
> SP

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 13:32:53 CST