Re: ALTER TABLE SET UNUSED <column> clairified

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:03:00 GMT

The only way I know to bring back data SET UNUSED is dump the datafile and read / process the udump trace file yourself. All this is undocumented so you have to write your own program and you have to understand how data are actually stored in Oracle. That itself is a challenging task.

I have not seen anyone writing such a program yet.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

In article <s5056t8q9s45eforesmriouo32f4oiuh3b_at_4ax.com>,   zatherus69_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I have some questions about the SET UNUSED clause in the ALTER TABLE
> syntax. In reading the text within the Revealnet software, it sounds
> like there is a way to restore a column after it has been set to
> unused. Is this true? If so, how is this done and is there somewhere
> we can view columns that have been set to unused?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bob

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 13:03:00 CST