i/o parameters on oracle and sun

From: <rkatofiasc_at_classifiedventures.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:21:18 GMT

We are moving our data warehouse to a sun 4500 6X6 with 2 sun 5200 (18G) drive arrays. Can you gurus give me some thoughts on what would be the optimal parameter sizes? I am looking for the db_block_size, strip width size, db_multiblock_size. I think we are leaning towards a 16 K block size. The file system will my managed using Veritas for Oracle (1+ 0 raid or 0+1). It seems the default is 16k for the strip width. Should the strip width change based on what the file is used for i.e data, index or logs. The data warehouse uses a multidimensional architecture, which minimize full table scans by using bitmapped indexes on the fact tables. I was hoping that someone might be working on a similar system and can give me some feedback.

Thanks Rob

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 15 2001 - 11:21:18 CST