Re: listener errors

From: Joe Stanton <joe_at_bravenewsoftware.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:56:23 GMT

Thanks for all who helped these past days. I have finally found the problem. Apparently when I installed either 8.0.4 or the 8.0.4.4 patch I included the version 7 required files. This in turn caused Windows NT to start the "OracleTNSListener" service first , which in turn prevents the "OracleTNSListener80" service from starting (they are quite naturally mutually exclusive).

By disabling the "OracleTNSListener" service I have had success in all areas I had previously experienced failure.

Joe Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 17:56:23 CST