Problem with rollback segment (ORA-01555)

From: <c_joh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:24:57 GMT

I have a problem with rollback segments that I don't understand. I'm running Oracle EE Ver. 8.0.5.1.0 and I have written a client application that will insert/update some tables in the database. It all works very well except that I now and then get the error message "ORA-01555: snapshot too old (rollback segment XX too small)". I have currently 5 rollback segments online. They all are quite big, more than should be needed for the transactions that occur from the client program. The database is in a test environment where there is no other users connected.

When I query V$ROLLSTAT I can see that none of the rollbacksegments uses more then 2 extents and as the maxextent is set to 1000 there should be plenty of room to allocate more extents. The datafile is set to autoextend = ON.

If anyone could give me a hint on what to look for I would be most grateful.

-Carl

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Jan 13 2001 - 10:24:57 CST