Help for a Non Profit

From: <tsimmons_at_maitreyaproject.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:00:43 GMT

We are searching for a ready made top end database application. Any advise would be appreciated.

We are a non profit organisation.

We require a database to track our supporters and donors, to track their donations and pledges, to track specific fundraising schemes and events.

We require a main database at our main admin office, as well as remote databases at the other offices (around 6 of these). These must be able to synchronise data easily, with a regular 33.6 phone line, as well as being able to do this from a laptop on the road. We wish to do this at a global and local level.

We also require confidence in the company supplying the database, and their ability to give long term support. Web enabled versions appear to cumbersome for our requirements, unless bulk data can be entered offline and uploaded.

Some questions that will influence our purchase of a database.

we are looking for...

  1. a product from a stable company that has been in business for at least 10 years.
  2. The product should have been under development for at least 3 to 5 years.
  3. The product should have continuous development support with at least 10 people working on it.
  4. The company must be prepared to show their financials and show reason for us to be confident that they will remain and intend to remain in business stably at least for 5 to 6 years.
  5. The product should have a user base worldwide.
  6. The product should have a user base of at least 200 to 300 users.
  7. The product must function as a donor data base.
  8. It must function as a contact manager
  9. It must function as a mail merge facility.

10.The product must be global in terms of its address format, paper and stationary sizes.

  1. The product must work with multi currencies, and must allow for currency fluctuations within the multi currencies.
  2. The product must of course permit flagging of different attributes for different donors
  3. The product must track pledges with regular payments as well as one off donations.
  4. The product must enable us to track many separate fundraising schemes that are global schemes and monitor progress of global schemes, globally as well as locally.
  5. The product should permit both local and global budgeting and income projection from schemes.
  6. The product must allow custom reports to be developed locally and globally.
  7. The product must support multi currencies, with conversion facility to USD
  8. The product must be user friendly, it must be intuitive.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Jan 13 2001 - 02:00:43 CST