Re: Corrupt block message in alert log

From: Jean-Claude Matarazzo <jcmata_at_free.fr>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:32:19 GMT

Hello,

You have to check the objects inside the tablespace corrupted.

ANALYZE TABLE xxxx COMPUTE STATISTICS;

ANALYZE INDEX xxxx COMPUTE STATISTICS;

If some indexs are corrupted : you drop and recreate them.

If tables are corrupted : problems, problems !! if you have a recent export file : you drop the table and import it.

If you have an database in archive log mode : * shutdown the database
* restore the files of THE tablespace corrupted (not all the tablespaces) and the archived log files
* startup mount
* recover tablespace

Good luck

Regards