Re: Corrupt block message in alert log

From: tete <sss_at_fsss.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:38:19 -0000

Run the following:

select segment_name,segment_type,owner
from dba_extents
where file_id = <f> and <b> between block_id and block_id + blocks - 1;

--where <f> is the file number reported in the error message and <b> is the block number reported in the error message. to find exactly what object is corrupted. Once you have the segment, you should perform an ANALYZE on the object with the VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE clause. This may or may not produce an error. If an error is generated, there should be a corresponding trace file in your user_dump_dest directory. This would likely signal a true corruption in the ojbect. If it is a data dicationary object, the only recourse is to either restore from backup or recreate the database (i.e. full export, recreate, full import). Depending on the object involved, there may be an issue with generating an export.