Oracle Enterprise Manager Login HELP!!

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2001 21:27:50 -0600

I've installed Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.7.0.0 on my Windows 2000 notebook, along with Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.2.0.0.0. During install I created an Enterprise Manager repository on my local database, SID TEST1, dba user ORACLE. I've looked at the user_objects for user ORACLE and there are 548 objects.

The problem arrises when I run Console from the Enterprise Manager start folder. Its asking for an administrator, password and management server. I tried Oracle, Oracle, TEST1 (which connects just fine from SQL*Plus) but that isn't cutting it. I tried sysman/oem_temp and the default management server, but that doesn't work either. I've tried everything else I can think of but all I'm getting is "Oracle Enterprise Manager VTK-1000 Unable to connect to the management server..." I used the Configuration Assistant and everything in there looks fine when I checked the Edit Configuration Parameters. I'm stuck.

What do I do next to get connect to this product? Any info MUCH appreciated!

thx.. Allen Received on Sat Jan 13 2001 - 21:27:50 CST