Re: constant monitoring and enqueues?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:16:39 -0000

Very interesting post.

You do get a bit more help though, since x$kqfco gives codes for the internal and external representations of the columns, so you don't have to rely on the column types in 'desc X$TABLE' to make guesses about the actual fields - although your comment about hidden structues is obviously a dire warning.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html