Does Oracle support non-US time zones?

From: <the_maximus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:32:20 GMT

Problem 1:
The Oracle NEW_TIME() function supports only a limited number of time zones, mostly the ones for the US. The US (AST, EST, PST,...) time zones are documented in the Oracle manual. We may need other time zones for Paris/France, Beijing/China, Bombay/India, etc. I suspect that Internationalized versions of Oracle have support for these time zones. Most likely it is a part of internationalization/NLS support. Please let me know if you have any info about support of these 'international' time zones.

Problem 2:
Oracle sysdate gives us the current date but not the time zone. Is there any way in PL/SQL program to find out what is the time zone of the server? I can do a !date in sqlplus, but how do I do it in a stored procedure?

Thanks in advance,
Max

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 13:32:20 CST