Does anyone run Linux 8i or Redhat 7.0?

From: Preston Crawford <prestoncREMOVESPAMBLOCK_at_crawfordsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:14:00 GMT

Sorry for the crosspost, but I'm trying to learn Oracle on Linux and I had a problem with installation last night and I was wondering if anyone here has installed Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.0. I bought a book last night titled Oracle 8i for Linux Starter Kit. The directions helped, but I still got stuck. I was able to get through most of the install, but when it went to install the default database it choked and said it couldn't connect to the server or something like that, and thus couldn't create the default DB. I tried to log in as System and it kept throwing errors. So I was wondering, before I dive back into this tonight, if anyone has a link to a mini-howto or something that might help me get past some common mistakes that are made with this configuration. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Preston Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:14:00 CST