standard edition question...

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:41:57 GMT

Is anyone running Oracle 8.1.6 standard edition?

I found a document on oracle's web site that was explaining the various differences between 8.1.6 enterprise, personal and standard editions...

One thing that caught my eye was that it said that there are certain sql functions like rank which are only available in Enterprise Edition.

Right now we are doing development in Enterprise Edition because we have a development license. Due to the fact that enterprise edition costs so much more and that we won't be taking advantage of it's high availability features, we will probably deploy on Standard Edition. And we've been trying to make sure not to use any features specific to Enterprise Edition.

I'm sort of suprised that sql functions would be turned on/off in the flavors of the database. Especially since Oracle worked with IBM on the analytical functions and that they have been submitted for inclusion as part of the SQL standard.

Can anyone who runs standard edition on 8.1.6 or later confirm that the rank function is disabled?

Thanks for your time.
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 22:41:57 CST