Oracle Replication 8.1.6

From: <charlesjohn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:43:47 GMT

Hi,

I would like to setup Oracle Replication for the following oil field scenario

There is one Head Office location and several remote field locations. I need to replicate some global reference information from the Head Office to all these remote sites. Tha actual data entry happens at the remote field locations. These data needs to be replicated to the HeadOffice. The Headoffice should have rights to update some of the data that came from the field. These changes need to be replicated back at the field. The field location should have only data relevant to that site while the HO should have all the data with update privilege.

If the HO location does not need update privileges, we could setup HO as a read-only snapshot site with UNION of all remote field sites like 'select * from sitetable_at_field1 UNION select * from sitetable_at_field2 UNION ....'. The tables with reference info could be readonly snapshots at all field sites and updatable at HO. But this is not the case.

The problem is that the HO wants to update the information coming from the fields and the changes replicated back to the correct originating field. A multimaster replication is not required, as the remote sites should not have data belonging to other sites.

Could someone please give me some suggestions to design this ?

Thanks

Charles John

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 12:43:47 CST