Re: Lowercase character

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:18:49 -0000

yes it is. It is however a BAD idea.

the work around is to include the column and table name in quotes eg

create table "FoO" ("MixEDcAse" varchar2(255),bar number)

would work. However to work with the resulting table you would have to include the quotes every time you referred to the columns AND get the case exactly right each time. This rapidly becomes a PITA

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA