Partitioning PeopleSoft Payroll for Performance

From: Buck Turgidson <removethisbeforesending!jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:44:40 GMT

I was wondering if anyone monitoring this newsgroup runs PSFT, and has partitioned your payroll tables to gain performance. We're going to be going from 7.3 to 8i, and we want to take advantage of this.

I am thinking the best way is to partition by TO_DATE(PAY_END_DT,'YYYY'), even though the key is COMPANY, PAYGROUP,PAY_END_DT, etc.

I'd be curious to know how other people have done it.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 17:44:40 CST