Re: Restricting ODBC access to Oracle

From: Joe Maloney <jrpm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:19:04 GMT

You did not say what release of Oracle you have, but as I understand it in 8.1.5 and up you can set system level triggers, possibly at connect time, that can check (through v$session and v$process) what program and terminal the is being used. If it is not an accepted program, raise an exception that will cause the program to blow. It should work for ODBC and any other technique (home grown PRO*C, for example.)

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com