Re: Generating Blank Lines in SQLPlus

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:40:15 GMT

Kirk,

Try the sqlplus command:
set feedback off
I believe this will turn off the "no rows selected" message.

Another thing you can do is concatenate a carriage return at the sql level using the CHR function. I believe the ascii code for a carriage return is 10, so you could do somthing like this:

select 'Oracle'||chr(10)||'is'||chr(10)||'fun.' from dual;

and it should return something like:

Oracle
is
fun.

Hope that helps,
Gavin

In article <93fho8$35n$1_at_oac2.hsc.uth.tmc.edu>,   "Kirk W. Conrad" <kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to use SQLPlus to extract database information from dba_...
> tables and create some scripts to run in unix using the spool
 statement. I
> need to get some blank lines in the scripts. Is there any way to do
 a blank
> line in SQLPlus? I can return a single line with "no rows selected"
 by using
> select * from dual where 1=2. If I could just get the "no rows
 selected" to
> not print I'd be okay. Basically, I need to do carraige return/line
 feeds.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> Kirk