Re: Stuck on insert into a global temporary table

From: <roman_stangel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:22:46 GMT

Jonathan,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am not sure if my system supports 32GB files – a good catch – I simply used the definition of my default TEMP tablespace and made some changes to it. I tried what you suggested, just with a different file size of 64M:

CREATE TABLESPACE "IPWTEMPTS4"
NOLOGGING
DATAFILE '/home/oracle/u05/oradata/ORCL/IPWTEMPTS4.dbf' SIZE 65536K REUSE
DEFAULT STORAGE (
         INITIAL 256K NEXT 256K MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 256 PCTINCREASE 0
) TEMPORARY
;

Unfortunately, the problem still remains.

I have examined the v$lock table, and using the SID and CTIME columns could find the rows that correspond to my session, but I am not sure how I could use this information to find the reason of why my session is stuck. I can see two TX (transaction enqueue), one TM (DML enqueue) and one TT (temporary table enqueue) lock. Could the TT lock provide any clue? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Roman

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 03:22:46 CST