Bitmap header and footer sizes

From: Frank Black <hink_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:24:51 GMT

Hi all,

how do I calculate the size of the header and footer bitmaps of locally (uniform) managed tablespace datafiles?. I need to know it for sizing datafiles (chunks) on a RAW device.
I want to create uniform tablespaces with for example a 1Gb datafile with 4Mb uniform extents, Oracle block is 8Kb;

1024*1000/4096 = 250 (extents in one datafile).

For the headerfile I need 1 block, using RAW devices also one block needs to be added which makes:
1024000Kb + 8Kb + 8Kb + headerbitmap (Kb) + footerbitmap (Kb) = size of RAW device chunk. (Am I right?)

But how to calculate the size of these bitmaps?

thanks in advance,

Hink Wiersema Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 15:24:51 CST