Re: NASA switches from Oracle to MySQL

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:52:46 -0000

Methinks you do protest too much. The data at a job site may not be conventional mission critical data in the same way as a SAP implementation or a Telecoms Billing system. It's pretty damn critical to the business of that Job Agency though. If it dies their entire business dies. I guess the same would be true of Yahoo finance, but I'm not familiar with that site.

Of course I guess the test of the decision is if computerstaff is still going on the same platform in 5 years, but yes ISTM they are using mySQL for mission critical computing. You can probably guess what i think about the wisdom of that particular decision though :-)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA