Re: Difference between PUBLIC and "PUBLIC"

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 07:56:08 +0100

v$session is a synonym for either (I always forget) v$_session or v_$session.
You could have verified this of course by a select object_type from dba_objects where object_name = 'v$session' You need to grant select privilege on the underlying view not on the synonym.

BTW you are aware both 8.0.4 and 8.1.5 have been desupported?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA