Re: how do I find out column name on which a index is build

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:40:51 GMT

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 22:51:13 GMT, shdu_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>how do I find out column name on which a index is build
>Thanks
>
>SF

The Data Dictionary contains all this information. You may want to skim part of the Oracle Reference in the Oracle Documentation to get an idea of what the static tables are.

Information on Indexes is in the ALL_INDEXES view. Information on which columns are indexed is in the ALL_IND_COLUMNS view. For multi-column indexes, more than one row is returned.

SELECT
 Table_Name,
 Column_Name
FROM
 ALL_IND_COLUMNS
WHERE
 LOWER(Index_Name) = 'my_index';

Brian Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 17:40:51 CST