redo log sync time

From: Andreas Goldammer <agoldammer_at_viega.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 07:41:11 +0100

A few weeks ago I found a high average redo log sync time (40 ms) for my AIX database. I looked at the documentation and everything I found was tuning the I/O subsystem (SSA) or reduce the number of commits (impossible, we are using SAP R/3).

Two weeks ago I moved the database to new hardware (new fast box, new fast adapters, new fast disks) and removed the AIX mirror from the online redo log filesystems to avoid the MWC impact (now I use ORACLE to mirror the log)

The average redo log sync time remains steady, whereas other file access counters have decreased

Any other ideas beside I/O and commits ?

Thanks in advance

   Andreas
   mailto: agoldammer_at_viega.de Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 00:41:11 CST