How to create a database trigger

From: Inna <mednyk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:17:37 GMT

Hello everyone.
Started creating database triggers and realized that know nothing about it. Please help me in this problem. I have two tables dept and emp. Have primary key ID in emp table and empid in dept, but I can not make it foreign. So I need a trigger <Before delete> on table emp, which going to delete record in dept table. And I don't know how to do that, because my books are not so good, there is no syntax there. Thank you in advance.

--
Inna.Junior programmer.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/