Re: Mysterious disk activity

From: John <john_nospam_at_tolltex.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 18:36:38 GMT

I don't want to disable checkpointing, I just want to decrease the checkpoint frequency to 30 seconds from 3 seconds.

I don't understand why this is so hard to do. The documents don't even mention checkpointing much less how to configure it. I guess Oracle DBA's get paid so much because they have to learn all the bells and whistles through trial and error.

Signed
Frustrated

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:3a56baec$1_at_news.iprimus.com.au...
> 'Cos it's a performance nightmare.
>
> (Potentially so, at least)
>
> Suspend it at your peril, however: Instance recovery now takes ages.
 Swings