UTF8 issues

From: <changp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:20:37 GMT

Our application currently supports WESTERN EUROPEAN character set
(ISO_8859_1). WE need to support CENTRAL EUROPEAN (ISO_8859_2) and Cyrillic (ISO_8859_5)
characters set so we decided to use UTF8 to handle multi-byte.

Do we need to set database character set and national character set both
to UTF8?

The current schema is using char and varchar2 datatype for storing data.

Do we need to convert char to nchar and varchar2 to nvarchar2 datatype
after we set to UTF8?

Can anyone share the experience of migrating char set to UTF8?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 18:20:37 CST