Re: Starting standby at boot time

From: Ingo Eichenseher <ie_at_oaky.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:01:29 +0100

Hi Martin,

> oradim -EDIT -SID <your_sid> -STARTMODE a
>
> As a last resort you may try to start the instance directly by
>
> oradim -STARTUP -SID <your_sid> -STARTTYPE srvc,inst
>
> It should be possible to put this command into the autostart folder (I am
 not
> familiar with W2000, sorry, just with NT4). What happens if you try it in
> "DOS" box?

in never tried this because i didn't expect this to work. However now i tried it anyway and it behaves as i expected, all of these commands try to start the database as normal (primary) database which does not work and of course is not what i want.

I'm also absolutly astonished that i have to enter a command (RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE;)
which never returns. Instead i have to start a second sqlplus session and to enter a cancel command to stop the managed standby mode. Is this really intended this way by Oracle. I can't believe but i don't see another way. Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 02:01:29 CST