view-optimizing

From: Harald Mitterhofer <Harald.Mitterhofer_at_siemens.at>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:06:35 +0100

hallo!

I am confronted with a serious performance-problem: there are selects on joined VIEWS which last about 10 minutes; when I rewrite the select and "resolve the views by hand" eg. build an equivalent select with joins on the view-underlieing tables (no more view in the select statement) the query runs 300 milliseconds;

acording to oracle-docs, the optimizer should be able to do exactly the same automatically;
is there a way to force the optimizer to transform the view-query into an equivalent select on only tables?
I took a look at the optimizer-plan and he seems to do a scan on one view and then join the other view, which is definitely the most stupid thing he could do in this case;

can anybody give me a hint, how to solve this problem?

/harald mitterhofer Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 07:06:35 CST