AVG_ROW_LEN inaccurate?

From: John Dorlon <john_at_ezsql.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 01:50:37 GMT

Does anyone know why this query....

Select
AVG(

   NVL(VSIZE(col1),0) +
   NVL(VSIZE(col2),0) +
   NVL(VSIZE(col3),0))   "Average Row Length"
from table1

would yield different results than the AVG_LEN column in DBA_TABLES after an 'analyze table table1 compute statistics'?

(yes I am including all of the columns in my query and the statistics on the table are current)

Thanks in Advance!

-John Received on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 19:50:37 CST