Remote Operating System Authentification faileswith ORA-03113

From: Stuart Turton <sturton_at_maderich.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 04:37:53 GMT

Problem
Lots of legacy systems (Forms 3/Reportwriter) on several VMS boxes with operating system authentification,

Fast new Unix server (Digital/Compaq Tru64 Unix) with 8.1.6

The first stage of the proposed solution is to move the databases into 1 enterprise database on the Unix server and keep the applications running on VMS.

I've can log into the Unix database locally via OS authentification (running bequeath TWO_TASK undefined), e.g. sqlplus /

and I can log in as a named user with a password, e.g. sqlplus 'OPS$ORACLE/password_at_LOCAL'.

I cannot do both together e.g.
TWO_TASK=LOCAL sqlplus /
or
sqlplus /@LOCAL)

When I try this I get ORA-03113 - a networking problem.

I have the database set up to allow remote OS authentification

Does anyone have any ideas?   Received on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 22:37:53 CST