Re: Log files on RAID 5...

From: Mr Taki <nospam_at_localhost.spamwarn>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:15:16 +0100

a correction...

"Mr Taki" <nospam_at_localhost.spamwarn> wrote in message news:S9p56.76$K12.490_at_nntpserver.swip.net... >
 (snip)
> I mean, generally Raid 5 has n+1 disks for a striped array with the
> parity evenly distributed. **For every write there are data stripes
> writes and a parity caclulation and a write of parity to one of the
> disks (done in parallell?).** So, even if the whole array width in

Messed up there. Still, all else applies (I hope!)... It should say something like:

For every write there are data stripes read, a parity calculation, and a write of data and parity. (So a write needs a "extra" read access and parity calculation).

Cheers!
/Fad

(more snipped, see previous post) Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 15:15:16 CST