Re: Mysterious disk activity

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:48:13 -0000

checkpoint_process is an obsolete parameter (v7.3 IIRC). There are a couple of settings you can change
log_checkpoint_interval and log_checkpoint_timeout. From what you say I would hazard a guess that the docs you have do not relate to the oracle version which you are running. I would strongly advise you to install the appropriate docs on your workstation. As you have found system parameters can and do change from revision to revision LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST is another that springs to mind.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA